Sunday, March 13, 2005

Calm The Heck Down

Just got an avalance from Democratic Underground.

To quote a DU member:

"Some makes a little sense, but some is off the wall.
Making fun out of a Johnny Gosch line of furniture is freeperish.
I like the graph though which seems real???"




1st - I defy anyone to show me any part of this website that makes any sense at all.

2nd - If that graph seemed real, than I have a Nigerian 419 scheme I'd like to show you.

3rd - The Free Republic hosts characters about as terrifyingly bizarre as...well...Democratic Underground.


To break character for one second: I am a Democratic precinct chair who thinks Lee Harvey Oswald was switched out for a Russian double. I think Flight 97 may have been shot down by an A-10. I think something spooky is going on at the Denver Airport. And I briefly considered the implications of a Hayle-Bopp companion.

But the moment I was told that Jeff Gannon may be abducted Franklin legend Johnny Gosch, I knew the Information Age had ended and the Age of Hyperbolic Surrealism had begun.

Whether Gannon is Gosch is irrevelent to me. Whether Miami lowback plastic chairs exist in Iraq is unimportant (though I contend they do not!) What is very fucking interesting to me is the interplay of bizarre symbols and images, a construction of wholly independent commentaries through adopted meanings. And if I sound like your asshole English professor, I apologize.

Johnny Gosch is not a kidnapped boy. That is no longer what those words mean. Gosch is code. Gannon is code. Private accounts are code. Saddam in a hole. They trigger frames. They are connected to passions. They are signifiers.

What do I think of the Gosch sleuths? I'm not sure. On one hand, I am hopelessly attracted to the romanticism of deep secrets, the dark allure of shadow realities, and the idealistic pursuit of truth by a common inhabitant of the wired world. On the other, when does the fun go over the top, and when does the truth, or more importantly THE FOCUS, become sacrificed to mere possibility, or in this case, the most bare plausibility? This is the dualism which allows me to laugh.

Let's not lose touch with why we chase down rumors. What does it mean if one American, instead of going to Wal Mart, buys a plastic chair from Salem Hassan? Am I closer to finding Nick Berg's killers? Of course not. Then pause for a moment and reflect why I would want to try. Negotiating over molded commercial resin with a man on the other side of the globe is more Bertol Brecht than Edward Murrow, but I never promised answers here.

Just bad pictures.


So here's a baby chewing on a puppy, courtesy of Jeff Rense:




I am not Johnny Gosch. My life is not in danger.

Sincerely,
Johnny Gosch


.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The graph was hysterical. Illuminati Aliens...

3:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the hard work; some day, someone might get the point. They'll look deep in their conspiracy mush-addled heart and think, "You mean if I don't think for myself someone else really will do it for me?"

Yeah, I don't believe so either. Hey, American Idol is on tonight! Awesome! That one chick? With the deep voice? Man, she's smokin'!

Know what I mean? It is nice to dream though (some day, myself (I'm not as idealistic as you - though maybe as angry and disgusted) I'm going to win the lottery. I'm devising a system. Don't scoff, you think you can get people to think for themselves - you tell me which of us is crazy?)

9:23 AM  
Blogger Caete said...

"What is very fucking interesting to me is the interplay of bizarre symbols and images, a construction of wholly independent commentaries through adopted meanings"

Can you expound on this thought please? What symbols and images are you talking about and how are they interplaying?

12:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Can you expound on this thought please? What symbols and images are you talking about and how are they interplaying?"

Come on! Are you for real!? Quit taking some of this crap so seriously and get a sense of humor!

3:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are not JG, Jeff Gannon is 100% NOT JG, I know.

10:43 PM  
Blogger Online Incomes said...

Hey I was just blog surfing amd I found your blog! Looks Great!

I also have a one way plane ticket
It deals mostly with one way plane ticket plus other stuff,
You can save up to 50% your next flight!

You should check it out if you get a chance!!

2:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home